Following on from celebrating ten years as an organisation the committee has been discussing how we embrace the future given the current cultural landscape, our limited resources and the fact that PVAF is run by volunteers.
As a result of our discussion we are developing a proposal to present to members at the AGM in November. We would like to get your views on our draft proposal (see below) via a short survey (web link below) and we will take all your feedback into consideration as we shape a final proposal to present at the AGM for members to discuss and vote on. Draft proposal
- A new mission statement - “Enable a creative environment that supports and nourishes an artists practice”
- Renaming PVAF to Perthshire Visual Arts (PVA)
- Charging a small membership fee
- Asking members to re-join the organisation which will remain constituted as a charity
- A focus on collaborations (such as Folds and Porticos); exhibition opportunities; workshops & Masterclasses; crit groups; partnerships and creative exchanges with creative partners
- AS PVA we see ourselves as a grassroots organisation of professional and professionally orientated artists supportive of artists being independent in a non-funded practice. We also see the organisation as having the potential to be a critical friend in the wider cultural and creative landscape
To give us time to prepare for the AGM meeting, please give us your views by taking the survey by the end of October. If you would prefer to respond via email, please feel free to get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do take a few minutes to give us your opinions about the proposals, it really is a short survey and your responses will help greatly in shaping the future of PVAF. Thank you.
Link to survey: www.surveymonkey.co.uk